Friday, February 20, 2009

Here I am today...

I found my own blog today. It's obvious I haven't posted in a while. Life becomes busy with 3 small children, a work-at-home job, moving and then finding out we are expecting our 4th baby. So when I saw my own blog and that it is called "vbacmama" I was a little surprised. Yes, I have had a vbac after 2 c-sections. But I don't pigeon hole myself as that anymore. I am not really a homebirth mama either (not yet anyway!). Really, what I am is a strong believer in natural birth. I am a believer that birth is best left unhindered. The less interference the more our bodies are capable of doing what our creator has perfectly created us to do.

God created our bodies to perfectly know how to conceive a baby and to grow a baby. He created those systems to work and would not stop there. And it has become abundantly clear to me that He created birth to work.

I have been reading so much lately. Everything I can get my hands on through the library regarding birth. Pushed, Born in the USA, The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth, both of Ina May Gaskin's wonderful books, Birth Reborn, Birth Without Violence, The Power of Pleasurable Childbirth, Birthing From Within, Heart and Hands, Unassisted Childbirth by Laura Shanley, the list could go on for days if I listed the books that I have devoured over the past year and a half. I only find myself wishing there were more books, more things to read. So I find myself reading everything I can that has been published online regarding birth. Medical studies, Midwifery journals and articles on Midwifery today. If it discusses birth I am going to read it.

Obviously this has been a huge period of growth for me and I finally feel like I'm in a place where I can help other people experience a better birth. There is a strong passion behind my learning and wanting others to know that birth can be better. I want nothing more than for every woman to know that birth can be beautiful. It can be different from the horror stories we so often hear. It doesn't have to be like that. I have experienced an amazing birth after 2 c-sections and I know that beautiful birth is possible. I hope others can see that too!

No comments: